Thursday, January 15, 2009

Letter from Jordan 1/15/09

Hola Familia (Spanish), This is how Jordan started his letter. He said "I am almost done! 2 weeks left. Our RDC's are being pretty cool now. We have earned a bunch of flags and I have earned ribbons for my uniform. Monday I have to go to the gas chamber. I get tear gassed for 5 minutes. We have a couple more inspections this week and then we go to battle stations. This is a 36 hour event where we do everything we have learned in our 8 weeks. From fire fighting, to tying up the ship and repairing holes in the ship. Once we finish the battle at about 7 am in the morning, we will officially be SAILORS!!! Then we get to relax until graduation. I got to file a 9mm pistol and a 12 gauge shotgun. I did pretty good". Jordan found out that he will be staying in Chicago for his training. He might even get to come home for 1 week before the training starts and he will get to come home on weekends occasionally since he is going to be in Chicago. But after training is done, he will find out where he will be stationed. It is going to be somewhere on a ship. Jordan ordered some individual pictures of himself in uniform and we will get them when we go to graduation and then i will mail them to everyone. That is all for now. If I get another letter i will post it, otherwise, I will post pictures when we get back from Jordan's graduation on Jan 23rd.

No comments: